１. Technical introduction
HDO is composed as follows.
Active strand（DNA） ： Has a medicinal effect
Carrier strand（RNA） ： Transport active strand (medicinal effect) to disease site
Ligand ： By binding a substance that specifically binds to a specific receptor to the carrier strand, it transports the active strand to a targeted disease site
（２）HDO's mechanism of action
The HDO carrier strand (RNA) incorporated into the cell is cleaved by RNase H (enzyme).
The active strand (DNA) remaining after cleavage binds to the target mRNA.
When the active strand (DNA) binds to mRNA, it becomes DNA / RNA structure again, and RNase H cleaves the target mRNA.
As mRNA is cleaved, mRNA expression is suppressed, and drug efficacy is demonstrated.
※RNase H has the property of cleaving RNA among double strands composed of DNA / RNA.
（３）Strengths of HDO technology
HDO has the following strengths:
- By linking the ligand to the carrier strand, it is possible to selectively deliver the active strand to the diseased site, so that high efficacy can be obtained.
- Since HDO adopts a double-stranded structure, HDO is essentially stable, it is possible to avoid toxicity by avoiding chemical modification conventionally applied to the active strand which is a medicinal part
- Since HDO has a double-stranded structure, it becomes a materially stable structure and the enzyme resistance in blood improves
- Since a ligand is bound to a carrier strand having a transporting function, an unexpected medicinal effect due to the ligand (if the ligand is bound to an active strand, the medicinal effect may be remarkably lowered) is unlikely.
- There is no need to make the linker used for binding the ligand to the carrier strand prone to breaking easily
- The position and the number of ligands bound to the carrier strand can be freely selected
２. Business Introduction
Rena has the following three business lines.
This is our business structure for licensing out HDO technology.
This is our business structure or collaborative R&D with customers, in which Rena designs and provides HDO compounds and moves collaborative R&D forward to find lead HDOs.
This is our business structure for the HDO manufacturing business in which Rena manufactures, supplies and sells HDOs for target genes only for research and development.
For inquiries about our technology